Lisa Baker Jones is an immigration attorney with more than 10 years of experience practicing employment-based immigration law in California, and nearly 20 in the field. She joined Fragomen’s Santa Clara office as an Associate in 2016 where she provides innovative solutions to foreign national hiring, retention, and compliance needs for hundreds of smaller and start-up enterprises.
Lisa plays an instrumental role in advising entrepreneurs, emerging companies, and well-established smaller companies in matters such as work visas, permanent residency, corporate changes due to mergers and acquisitions, and governmental compliance issues related to foreign workers.
Prior to joining Fragomen, Lisa practiced immigration law at two well-respected boutique California-based immigration law firms.
She has significant experience representing clients in a wide range of immigrant and nonimmigrant matters.
Lisa speaks Spanish and English.
- Represented clients in all aspects of U.S. immigration and nationality law, with a focus on employment-based matters.
- Managed immigration matters for companies ranging from pre-revenue to publicly-traded, including E-2/E-3, F-1 OPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, PERM, I-140, I-485 and complex 319(b) naturalization matters.
- Assisted individuals in matters related to U.S. permanent residency, citizenship and naturalization.
- Advised clients on sensitive legal matters involved with foreign national hiring, retention and federal compliance issues, including the effects of federal audits, mergers, acquisitions and reductions in force.
- Twice testified before California State Senate Judiciary Committee on behalf of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- Pacific McGeorge | J.D., 2005, with distinction
- University of California, Davis | B.A., 1997
Bar Admissions: California
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Former Member, AILA Liaison Committee to the U.S. Department of Labor (2014 – 2016)
- Former Member, Executive Board, AILA, Northern California Chapter (2010 – 2015)
- Former Member, Advisory Council, AILA Northern California Chapter (2007 – 2010)
Rate : $$$