Lisa H. Bebchick is a partner in Ropes & Gray’s litigation and enforcement practice group. Lisa’s practice focuses on complex commercial and real estate litigation and white collar criminal defense and regulatory matters, including securities enforcement and internal investigations.
She has represented individuals and institutions in connection with myriad high-stakes issues, including multi-million dollar criminal and civil forfeiture proceedings and related matters. She has also represented clients in connection with SEC, FINRA, US Attorney’s Office, and Office of the New York Attorney General investigations.
Lisa regularly advises corporate clients in connection with pre-litigation contractual disputes, due diligence, and whistleblower claims, and has extensive experience handling bulge bracket bank regulatory work.
She has represented clients who were victims of investment frauds in attempting to recover losses and in defending against clawback actions brought by bankruptcy trustees. Lisa has substantial experience in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels, as well as in mediation and arbitration.
Lisa has done pro bono work for The Innocence Project, an organization dedicated to providing pro bono legal services to individuals seeking to prove their innocence of crimes for which they have been convicted and the Correctional Association of New York, an independent non-profit organization that advocates for a more humane and effective criminal justice system. Lisa also filed an amicus brief to the United States Supreme Court in Fisher v. University of Texason behalf of the Anti-Defamation League.
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2001; Member, Boston University Law Review
- BA, cum laude, University of Pennsylvania, 1998
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- New York Council of Defense Lawyers
- Federal Bar Council
- American Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Association of the Bar of the State of New York
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES :
- Board of Directors, New York Lawyers for the Public Interest (NYLPI)
- Program Director, New York Region of the ABA Criminal Justice Section White Collar Crime Committee
- Global Investment Bank. Counsel to financial institution in connection with parallel SEC and US Attorney’s Office investigations into alleged insider trading activity concerning the distribution of material non-public information.
- Global Investment Bank. Counsel to global investment bank in connection with investigation brought by the NYSE relating to alleged violations of regulatory requirements relating to the surveillance of electronic communications.
- Chief Operating Officer of Financial Services Firm.Counsel for Chief Operating Officer of division of multinational financial services firm in connection with FINRA investigation focused on complex securities product sold to retail investors.
- Investment Management Company. Represent investment management company in connection with arbitrations commenced before FINRA by retail customers of alleging violations of the securities laws and FINRA rules.
- Portfolio Company of Global Private Equity Firm. Represent portfolio company of global private equity firm in connection with dispute concerning commercial lease in New York City.
- Global Private Equity Firm. Represent global private equity firm in multiple lawsuits alleging fraudulent conveyance, piercing the corporate veil, and other claims in connection with the recapitalization of a European portfolio company.
- Commercial Production Company. Lead counsel for the principal of a leading commercial production company in connection with a criminal investigation by the United States Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.*
- Principals of Real Estate Company. Lead counsel for the controlling ownership of a real estate company in connection with AAA arbitration proceeding concerning a dispute over shareholder agreement with minority owner.*
Rate : $$$