Lisa B. Canarick is experienced in the areas of estate planning, wealth transfer, business succession and estate administration, with a focus on moderate, high and ultra-high net worth individuals. She counsels clients to implement both simple and sophisticated estate plans with an emphasis on minimizing United States estate, income and generation-skipping transfer taxes.
Lisa advises individuals and families through all phases of the process to create an estate plan based on the individual’s specific needs. She also works with families, fiduciaries, wealth management professionals, court and federal and state taxing authorities regarding all stages of trust and estate administration.
- Drafted and implemented various estate planning documents, including wills that contain a myriad of trusts. Among them: credit shelter trusts, marital trusts, generation skipping trusts and special needs trusts, as well as revocable trusts, insurance trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, spousal lifetime access trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, charitable trusts, decanting instruments and business succession documents.
- Extensive experience in estate and trust administration, including probate proceedings, reviewing accountings, preparing receipt and release documents, federal and state estate tax returns, change of trustee instruments and exercise of powers of appointment.
- Rocky Mountain Estate Planning Council
- American Bar Association
- LL.M., University of Miami School of Law, Estate Planning, 2013
- J.D., Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, 2007, magna cum laude
- B.A., The George Washington University, 2002, cum laude
Admissions : New York, New Jersey, Florida
Rate : $$$