Lisa Collins focuses on the business of intellectual property and helps her clients protect their technology. Lisa leads the supervision of the firm’s Patent Indemnification Recovery team where she has diverted and recovered in excess of nine figures.
She regularly advises clients on IP strategy, licensing, privacy, trade secrets, and portfolio management, and handles numerous technology transactions. In addition, Lisa is a seasoned litigator who helps companies defend their products and intellectual property.
Lisa has extensive litigation experience, and has tried several complex state and federal jury trials and specialized bench trials; has appeared as first and second chair before federal and state trial courts, administrative courts, and domestic and international arbitration panels; and has argued before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Her litigation background, integrated with her transactional work in intellectual property, allows Lisa to have a deeper understanding of her clients’ business needs and concerns and to bring value to their businesses.
- Represents telecommunication and cable corporations in the analysis and enforcement of indemnification rights in more than 150 complex patent infringement litigations and pre-litigation cases, resulting in substantial decreases in exposure and the diversion and recovery in excess of nine figures for her clients.
- Counsels telecommunication and cable corporations regarding best practices for supplier and technology agreements including issues associated with privacy, intellectual property, indemnification, and transparent formulae that maximize post-loss reimbursements for her clients.
- Working with a corporation as acting general counsel to provide IP strategy, technology transactional support, and to secure patent and trademark rights.
- Represents licensors and licensees in trademark, copyright and software license agreements.
- Defended and obtained a federal jury verdict for a turbine manufacturer in a bet-the-company action.
- Defended a national fraternity and a Georgia institution of higher learning against multiple hazing allegations. Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of all claims and affirmance on appeal.
- The Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Executive and Leadership Board (2017 to 2018)
- Glitter Gala Chair (2016 to 2018)
- The Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys Foundation, Inc.
- Sister2Sister Mentoring Program®: Executive Director (2006)
- Georgetown Club of Metropolitan Atlanta
- Board of Directors
- Writing Committee Member
- Georgetown University Admissions Council: Alumni Interviewer
- American Bar Association: Intellectual Property Law Committee
- Atlanta Bar Association
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2004
- B.S.F.S., Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, 2001
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Atlanta Food Bank: Packaging and Collection Volunteer
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
- St. Jude, Southern Evening of Hope: Board of Directors (2017)
Rate : $$$