Lisa A. Ferrari is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Group, practicing out of the firm’s New York office. Lisa joined Cozen O’Connor in 2011 after previously practicing intellectual property law at Cohen, Pontani, Lieberman & Pavane LLP in New York.
Lisa litigates trademark, copyright, and patent infringement actions in U.S. federal courts. In addition to her litigation practice, Lisa maintains an active trademark protection and enforcement practice, advising clients in a variety of fields including apparel, food and beverage products, jewelry and accessories, dental products, housewares, and electronics and computer products.
Lisa also prosecutes trademark applications and represents clients in trademark cancellation and opposition proceedings in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Lisa has experience drafting agreements and negotiating settlements in areas involving licensing, royalties, assignments, liens, trademark co-existence, comparative advertising, and the seizure of counterfeit goods.
She has also advised clients on matters such as breach of contract, covenants not to compete, and confidentiality obligations. Lisa also handles matters relating to copyright registration and practice. Lisa obtained a B.A. from Brown University in 1986 and a J.D. from New York University School of Law in 1990.
- Served as lead counsel to well-known retailer of women’s clothing in bringing cybersquatting claim under Lanham Act. Obtained summary judgment in client’s favor, resulting in award of statutory damages, attorney fees, costs, sanctions and transfer of infringing domain name. Subsequently argued appeal in Fourth Circuit, obtaining affirmance on all grounds.
- Advises well-known restaurant and hospitality group on issues relating to trademark portfolio, including prosecution of trademark applications, assessment of infringement issues, and development of trademark strategy.
- Obtained an Order from U.S. Immigration Court withholding removal from the U.S. of pro bono client from Zimbabwe who had been kidnapped and beaten as the result of his membership in a political group opposing dictator Robert Mugabe.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Brown University, B.A., 1986
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court — Colorado
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court — Western District of Wisconsin
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- The New York Intellectual Property Law Association
Rate : $$$$