Lisa Koenig understands that immigration is a very personal experience for her individual clients and their families. She takes the time to get to know her clients and guides them through each step of the immigration process.
Lisa looks for ways to incorporate best-practice strategies at the beginning of each case so that the immigration process is simplified and, most importantly, successful. She also knows from experience that immigration cases can be anything but routine, so she remains flexible in her approach, facing challenges head-on and providing insightful solutions.
Lisa has over 20 years of experience practicing immigration and has been with Fragomen since 1994. She represents corporate clients of all sizes across a variety of industries, with an emphasis on small and medium-sized businesses in the communications, media, advertising and professional services sectors.
Many of these clients are often unfamiliar with immigration requirements and Lisa helps them to navigate the complexities of U.S. immigration compliance. She assists individuals at every corporate level—from executives and their families to entry level employees. She also regularly works with investors, entrepreneurs and individual clients.
Lisa lectures regularly on a wide range of global business immigration law topics with numerous prominent industry organizations. As a long-time member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee, Lisa is deeply involved in shepherding the firm’s pro bono activities.
She supervises a Fragomen Fellow working pro bono at the City Bar Justice Center, and has worked pro bono at numerous naturalization outreach clinics. Lisa’s commitment to pro bono work dates back more than a decade to when she worked in conjunction with New York Lawyers for the Public Interest to provide immigration assistance to those impacted by the events of September 11, 2001.
Lisa speaks Hebrew and French.
- Assisted numerous creative directors, and other senior-level professionals in the advertising, public relations, branding, direct marketing, digital and relationship marketing industries to obtain “extraordinary ability” classification based on demonstrated experience and prominence in specialty markets in the U.S. and abroad.
- Developed a corporate immigration global mobility policy on behalf of a leading marketing communications company.
- Counseled numerous expatriate executives and their families regarding maintenance of lawful permanent resident status issues and filing of naturalization petitions, in coordination with global immigration professionals, and employment and international tax counsel.
- Advised individuals and start-up companies within the Australian community to facilitate strategic usage of the E-3 Australian Professional visa and other relevant visa categories such as H-1B, L-1 and E-2 visas.
- Assisted clients with renunciation of U.S. citizenship.
- Brooklyn Law School | J.D., 1992
- New York University | B.A., 1987
Bar Admissions: New Jersey, New York
Court Admissions: U.S. Supreme Court
- Board of Trustees Member, American Immigration Council
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Board Member, City Bar Fund
- Serves, Legal Advisory Council to Sanctuary for Families
- Former Member, Professional Discipline Committee of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York (2001-2004)
Rate : $$$