Ms. Lisa Lombardo has successfully litigated matters before the state and federal courts of New Jersey and New York, as well as the American Arbitration Association, with a focus on construction matters. Her experience in commercial litigation and construction litigation is unique in that she represents both plaintiffs and defendants.
She was co-lead counsel in a three-year long arbitration representing a major university in a claim involving extensive and complex design and construction defects, which resulted in a multimillion-dollar award in our client’s favor and the arbitrator striking down a limitation of liability clause.
Unlike most litigators in the construction arena, Ms. Lombardo also has experience drafting and negotiating contracts. She has worked with owners, contractors, subcontractors, and designers on contracts for projects involving academic centers, public schools, laboratory facilities, office buildings, energy facilities, public/private projects, and building additions of varying sizes.
Namely, Ms. Lombardo is lead construction counsel for a prominent healthcare system in the Tri-State area. Most recently, she represented LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc. in the drafting and extensive negotiation of a construction manager agreement for the construction of LG’s new North American Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
Ms. Lombardo works with the firm’s longstanding corporate clients in addition to the Northeast region’s top universities, retailers, and professionals in the design and construction field in the following types of matters:
- restrictive covenants
- contract disputes
- insurance coverage
- multi-party construction matters involving design and construction defects
- construction lien and collection claims
- surety claims
- condominium liability
Ms. Lombardo is a highly accomplished attorney with outstanding abilities in strategizing solutions and navigating litigation to achieve the clients’ goals. She has broad knowledge of legal proceedings before the courts and ADR organizations.
- Rutgers School of Law – Newark (J.D., summa cum laude)
- Legal Research and Writing – Teaching Associate
- Montclair State University (B.A., magna cum laude)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Essex County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Construction Section
- AAA Panel of Construction Arbitrators
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- New Jersey District V-A Fee Arbitration Committee (Essex County)
- Member, 2015-2019
- Panel Chair, 2018-2019
- New Jersey Superior Court
- Roster of Mediators
Rate : $$$