Lisa Gibson is a partner in Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP’s Los Angeles office where she practices primarily in franchise and distribution law and litigation, in addition to having experience in advertising law.
She has worked in the automotive industry for more than 30 years in financial and legal capacities, representing motor vehicle manufacturers and distributors in litigation, counseling, and transactional matters.
With prior experience as in-house counsel for both domestic and international automobile manufacturers, Ms. Gibson has the background to steer her clients toward practicable solutions while understanding the business needs and challenges they face in a fiercely competitive global market.
Ms. Gibson has been a featured speaker for various motor vehicle events, including those associated with the National Association of Motor Vehicle Boards and Commissions (NAMVBC).
- Michigan State University College of Law, JD (1987)
- Michigan State University, MBA, Finance (1981)
- Xavier University, BS (1979)
- Obtained a decision for an automotive manufacturer in a dealer relocation case that declared Illinois franchise law unconstitutional
- Obtained a decision for an automotive manufacturer in a dealer termination citing grounds of racially inflammatory customer treatment
- Performs legal review of sales and marketing policies, contest and incentive programs, advertising guidelines, and reimbursement and distribution strategies for motor vehicle manufacturers
- Performs legal review of OEM and dealer co-op advertising for compliance with state and federal advertising requirements
- California Bar Association
- Michigan Bar Association
Rate : $$$