Lisa M. Martens is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego (Del Mar) office. Ms. Martens’ practice focuses on the protection and enforcement of brands for clients ranging from start-ups and emerging companies to Fortune 500 corporations. She has particular expertise in the food and beverage, healthcare, life sciences, e-commerce, semiconductor, sporting goods and retail clothing industries.
Ms. Martens counsels clients on a variety of trademark issues, including the development of U.S. and foreign trademark portfolios, global brand strategy, and licensing. She has also successfully handled numerous domain name disputes in the U.S. and worldwide. In addition, Ms. Martens regularly provides advice on advertising substantiation and rights of publicity and has successfully litigated false advertising and right of publicity cases in federal court.
Ms. Martens has substantial experience bringing and defending enforcement and litigation matters before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB), the National Advertising Division (NAD) of the Council of Better Business Bureaus, and in state and federal district courts related to trademarks, copyrights, unfair competition, anti-counterfeiting, and false advertising.
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 1994, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Cornell College, 1990, magna cum laude
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee (2014-2018)
- Athena San Diego, Chair, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- San Diego Intellectual Property Law Association
Rate : $$$$