Lisa M. Murphy focuses her practice on advising local, regional and national clients with respect to all facets of real estate development and use including acquisition, zoning, permitting, financing and leasing. In her land use practice, she represents clients seeking local land use approvals, including rezonings, conditional and special use permits, special exceptions and other necessary site development permits and approvals.
She has worked with economic development organizations and public financing entities on behalf of her clients in the development of commercial projects throughout Virginia.
She is a nearly 20-year veteran of the wireless industry having represented carriers, tower companies, turn-key vendors and zoning and site acquisition consultants in all aspects of network development including site acquisition, leasing, permitting, land use, and zoning.
Lisa has also served as a wireless industry representative in connection with modifying local tower ordinances and has served as leasing and title counsel to carriers and tower companies. She is a frequent lecturer on zoning, land use law and wireless site development.
Lisa also serves as a member of the Virginia Beach Development Authority and as a member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of Junior Achievement of Greater Hampton Roads.
She is a past president of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Hampton Roads and the Hampton Roads Association for Commercial Real Estate (HRACRE). She is a graduate of the LEAD VIRGINIA Class of 2009 and the LEAD Hampton Roads Class of 2004.
- J.D., George Mason University School of Law, 1995
- B.A., Foreign Affairs, University of Virginia, with distinction, 1992
- American Bar Association: Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association: Public Utilities, Communications and Transportation Law Section, Member
- Virginia Beach Development Authority, Member
- CREW Hampton Roads: Past-President, Strategic Advisory Committee, Chair
- HRACRE: Executive Committee, Leadership Development Committee and Past Presidents’ Council, Member
Rate : $$$