Lisa Ormand Taylor offers clients more than 16 years of corporate in-house experience, including more than 15 years representing publicly-traded transportation and logistics companies.
She advises on public company reporting and corporate governance matters, and has extensive experience preparing and negotiating contracts with shippers, motor carriers, railroads and logistics providers, as well as independent contractor agreements with owner operators.
As Vice President, Assistant General Counsel with XPO Logistics, Inc., Lisa was responsible for managing corporate legal matters for the publicly-traded transportation company which grew from 3,000 to 80,000 employees worldwide in an 18-month period.
She led the creation of an integrated contract review process, and developed multiple form agreements for the developing company, including consulting, intermodal brokerage, transportation brokerage, freight forwarding, independent contractor hauling agreements and standard shipping terms.
Lisa also served as corporate secretary and corporate attorney to Pacer International, Inc., a Nasdaq-listed intermodal transportation company which was acquired by XPO. She played an integral role in the quarterly financial reporting process, organized the disclosure and internal controls committees, and oversaw compliance with delegation of authority policies and supported or developed other corporate compliance policies.
Lisa also managed outside counsel in Mexico, China, Singapore, Germany, UK and Canada. Her role also included review and negotiation of a wide variety of agreements with air, ocean, rail and motor carriers, shippers, equipment and real estate lessors, software and application providers, consultants, and other types of suppliers and customers.
Lisa was previously a partner and associate with McGuireWoods and its Jacksonville predecessor law firm and served for three years as in-house counsel to a consumer services company and a technology business.
- Supported public company board of directors and committees, including organizing and preparing materials for board and committee meetings, orienting new directors, preparing proxy statements, managing annual shareholder meeting and proxy solicitation process, and collaborating with executive compensation consultants, securities regulators and proxy advisory organizations.
- Addressed diverse legal needs of third largest freight and intermodal brokerage company and top 50 logistics provider.
- Advised on earnings releases and presentations, disclosure obligations and strategies, investor relations and communications for NYSE and Nasdaq-traded companies
- Advised clients on preserving the independent contractor classification among owner operators.
- Drafted industry-standard intermodal broker-shipper agreement promulgated by National Industrial Transportation League (NITL) and Transportation Intermediary Association (TIA).
- University of Virginia School of Law, JD
- University of Virginia Darden School of Business, MBA
- Wake Forest University, BA, English, summa cum laude, with honors, Carswell Scholar
Admissions : Florida
- First President and Founder, Chapter Board Member, North Florida Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel, 2006-2014
- Co-President, Jacksonville Bar Corporate Counsel Committee, 2003-2006
Rate : $$$