Lisa Marks is an attorney in Burg Simpson’s Commercial Litigation Department. She focuses her practice on commercial and business litigation, including contract, corporate, and partnership disputes, employment matters, construction and real estate litigation, securities fraud, civil theft, trade secret, and intellectual property litigation.
Prior to joining Burg Simpson, Ms. Marks worked in law firms located in Colorado and Illinois practicing commercial and business litigation. Ms. Marks also worked as a law clerk for the Honorable William F. Dressel (Retired) in Colorado’s Eighth Judicial District assisting the judge with his court docket, including jury trials, conducting legal research, and writing legal memorandum and draft opinions for the court.
A graduate of the Northwestern University School of Law, Ms. Marks was very active in Northwestern’s Legal Clinic. As part of the Legal Clinic’s Children & Family Justice Center, Ms. Marks assisted in representing children, parents, and grandparents in Chicago’s juvenile court and child welfare system.
Ms. Marks also holds a Master of Public Administration from Clark University and a Bachelor of Arts from Dickinson College. During her undergraduate work, Ms. Marks studied abroad at the Universidad de Málaga in Málaga, Spain.
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- M.P.A, Clark University, Worcester, Massachusetts
- B.A. Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Colorado Bar Association (CBA)
- Denver Bar Association (DBA)
Rate : $$$$