Lisa A. Roberts-Mamone is experienced in the areas of estate planning and wealth transfer for high-net-worth individuals and families. She provides comprehensive guidance to clients involved in complex trust and estate matters, with a special emphasis on working with family offices and multigenerational families.
Lisa is a trusted advisor and counselor to her clients, providing personal attention and support in difficult situations. Lisa’s clients often require the knowledge of other Baker Hostetler lawyers, so she effectively collaborates with other lawyers in the firm to address all aspects of the situations facing her clients.
- Assisted the family with the creation of a limited liability company to hold unique real property and the subsequent transfer of interests to trusts for family members. The goal of the plan was to retain real property in the hands of the historic family group for as long as possible without subjecting such property to estate tax. Assisted the family with transfers of additional financial assets to defective grantor trusts that are exempt for generation-skipping tax purposes.
- Serves as primary legal counsel to trustees of multiple interrelated family trusts. Provides ongoing advice associated with trust administration and fiduciary compliance matters. Recently advised the trustees regarding a consolidated investment policy under applicable law, securities matters related to investments held in sub-trusts for purposes of qualified investor rules, decanting situs change issues associated with irrevocable trust entities, and income “sifting” analysis under domestic and international tax accounting rules.
- Assists individual and institutional fiduciaries with the administration of complex estates and the creation of multiple family trusts for family members following decedents’ deaths. Recently advised a decedent’s family with a multitude of business entities following the decedent’s death with an insolvent estate.
- Ohio State Bar Association: Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association: Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Florida Bar Association: Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Cleveland Estate Planning Discussion Group: Founding Member
- University Hospitals of Cleveland: Diamond Advisory Board
- Case Western Reserve University: Professional Advisory Board
- American Red Cross of Cleveland: Planned Giving Advisory Committee
- Laub Foundation: Trustee
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 1988, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Law Revieweditor
- B.A., Grove City College, 1985, magna cum laude
Admissions : Ohio, Florida
Rate : $$$$