Lisa Ryan has practiced exclusively in the field of corporate immigration and nationality law since 1994. Lisa currently manages Fragomen’s West Coast global operations, and provides guidance on global initiatives, the development and implementation of global, regional or country-by-country immigration programs for clients, and immigration best practices.
During her tenure with the firm, Lisa has managed the firm’s U.S.-based global operations, as well as all aspects of U.S. business immigration including nonimmigrant visas, permanent residence, citizenship, I-9 compliance, and immigration support for corporate restructuring, downsizings, and mergers and acquisitions.
Lisa has represented corporate clients in a variety of industries such as information technology and telecommunications, financial services, insurance/reinsurance, human resources and management consulting, manufacturing, commercial aviation, oil and gas, accounting, marketing/advertising, beverages and pharmaceuticals.
She has also represented numerous small to mid-sized companies, startups and high net-worth individuals.
Prior to moving to San Francisco in 2015, Lisa worked in the firm’s Matawan, New York and Chicago offices.
Lisa currently serves as Chair-Elect of the American Bar Association’s Section of International Law.
Lisa speaks English and Italian.
- Provided counsel to numerous startups looking to open offices in the U.S. or launch elsewhere in the world
- Provided counsel to numerous multinational organizations seeking to implement a global immigration program, including implementing a worldwide immigration program across more than 80 jurisdictions
- Managed the immigration practice for small, mid-cap and large multinational organizations, utilizing all work permit categories for the temporary and permanent employment of foreign professionals around the world
- Provided counsel to small and mid-cap companies to establish corporate immigration programs, best practices and policies
- Provided counsel, training and tailored programs to an international telecommunications firm seeking to restructure its immigration program, and to review and revise their established internal best practices and immigration policies
- Provided counsel to a commercial greenhouse under federal investigation for immigration-related compliance issues. Assisted the company in obtaining H-2A certification for temporary or seasonal agricultural work
- Conducted an internal audit of a division of a multinational financial services firm’s cross-border immigration practices in several countries around the world to ensure compliance with local immigration requirements
- Tulane University School of Law | J.D., 1994
- Cornell University | B.A., 1991
Bar Admissions: New York, Illinois (Inactive)
- Chair-Elect, American Bar Association, Section of International Law
- Member, American Bar Association, Law Practice Management Section
- Member, American Bar Association, Women Rainmakers Committee
- Founder, Tulane Journal of International and Comparative Law
Rate : $$$