Lisa Horvath Shub has more than 24 years of experience representing clients in mass torts, with an emphasis on pharmaceutical, medical device and toxic exposure claims. Lisa also has significant experience in complex commercial litigation matters, representing financial institutions, energy companies and engineering entities in lawsuits alleging breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and professional malfeasance.
She has appeared in courts throughout the country, including Texas, Minnesota, Illinois, and Delaware. She has handled every aspect of a case, from pleadings and motion practice; written and document discovery; depositions of plaintiffs, third party fact witnesses, corporate representatives, and expert witnesses; pretrial motions, and resolution through mediation, arbitration and trial. She also has been involved in appeals, and argued before the Supreme Court of Texas.
Lisa has lead teams in the identification, development and presentation of expert witnesses in national dockets. She works diligently to identify the best expert witnesses so that complex scientific concepts can be conveyed simply and persuasively to the court and the jury. She has worked with numerous clients and experts to investigate and challenge the scientific reliability of claims.
She has served as a guest lecturer at the St. Mary’s University School of Law on the subject of deposing expert witnesses.
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Session Leadership Class, 2006–2007
- City Year San Antonio, Board of Directors, 2008–2010
- Defense Research Institute, 2013–2016
- Dress for Success San Antonio, Board Member, Officer, 2005–2006
- Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas, Lifetime Membership: Lifetime Membership Endowment Fund
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Bar Foundation
- Texas Bar Foundation
- United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County, Issues Council: Strengthening Families
Rate : $$$$