Lisa M. Thomas’s practice focuses on patent litigation with an emphasis on life sciences matters. She has represented clients in Hatch-Waxman Act patent infringement cases, and she has litigated patents related to chemistry and software. Lisa has extensive trial experience—she has represented clients in numerous patent infringement cases that have gone to trial.
Lisa has experience in all phases of litigation from the initial pleadings through post-trial briefing and appeal. She has prepared and presented witnesses at trial and has taken and defended fact and expert depositions. She has represented both patent holders and accused infringers, and thus has experience addressing infringement and validity issues from both perspectives.
In addition to patent litigation, Lisa also has prepared and prosecuted patent applications. She also has experience with post-grant review proceedings, including reissue and inter partesreview. Lisa has been licensed to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office since 2007, and prior to law school, she was a patent agent at a large law firm.
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, 2011, J.D., summa cum laude; Order of the Coif; Associate Managing Editor, SMU Law Review; Phi Delta Phi
- Rice University, 2005, B.S., Bioengineering, magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa; Tau Beta Pi
Professional Admissions & Qualifications :
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Texas
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. v. Apotex (District of New Jersey) – Prosecuting Hatch-Waxman Act patent infringement case involving the crystalline form of the active ingredient for Nasonex®
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (District of Delaware) – Prosecuting Hatch-Waxman Act patent infringement case involving the crystalline form of the active ingredient for Nasonex®
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. v. Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC (District of Delaware) – Prosecuting Hatch-Waxman Act patent infringement case involving the crystalline form of the active ingredient for Nasonex®
- ART+COM Innovationpool GmbH v. Google, Inc. (District of Delaware) – Prosecuted patent infringement case involving technology related to Google Earth
- Carrier Corporation v. Goodman Global, Inc., et al. (District of Delaware) – Defended Goodman in a patent case related to communicating HVAC systems.
Rate : $$$