Lisa G. Widup focuses her practice on trademark and copyright law. Prior to joining the firm, Lisa was Senior Counsel for Content and Internet Services at Apple Inc. in Cupertino, California where she was primarily responsible for handling all pre-litigation intellectual property claims regarding third party content provided through Apple’s iTunes Store, Apple Music, Apple Books, and App Store content services. Previously, Lisa was Counsel and then Senior Counsel of Trademark and Copyright at Apple Inc. where she became responsible for clearance, prosecution, and policing for nearly a third of its trademark portfolio.
Lisa worked previously with the firm (formerly Townsend and Townsend and Crew) as an associate in its San Francisco, California office where she focused her practice on all stages of trademark and copyright prosecution, counseling, portfolio management, and policing, including litigation, for clients ranging in size from Fortune 500 companies to smaller Bay Area businesses and individuals, domestically and foreign.
While attending law school, Lisa was Articles Editor of the University of San Francisco Law Review. While attending Rice University, Lisa studied abroad for a semester at Queen Mary and Westfield College in London, England.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D. (2001) cum laude
- Rice University, B.A., Psychology, Managerial Studies (1998)
- California (2001)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Rate : $$$