Lisa Xia is a member of the firm’s global privacy and cybersecurity team and advises clients on a wide array of privacy and cybersecurity matters. Lisa assists clients with the identification and management of legal risks associated with federal, state and international privacy and cybersecurity laws, and has worked with clients on compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA).
She also has experience with handling data breach incident response, including preparing breach notification toolkits, revising security incident response handbooks, advising on data breach response and notification obligations, and preparing required notifications to both regulators and affected individuals when necessary.
Lisa maintains an active pro bono practice and has assisted with a variety of matters, including veteran’s benefits, immigration and a corporate dissolution.
- Assists clients with CCPA compliance projects.
- Advises on electronic surveillance laws, including on the Wiretap Act and other US state call recording laws.
- Assists with the preparation of template HIPAA Business Associate Agreements.
- Assists clients with proactive cyber incident readiness, including developing data breach notification toolkits and creating or enhancing incident response plans and procedures.
- Assists clients with data breach and cybersecurity incident response, including analyzing breach notification obligations stemming from state, federal and international privacy and data security laws, preparing required notifications to affected individuals and regulatory authorities, and preparing responses to inquiries from state regulators in relation to data breaches and cybersecurity incidents.
- JD, Columbia Law School, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Articles Editor, The Columbia Science and Technology Law Review, 2018
- BS, Computational Media, Georgia Institute of Technology, summa cum laude, 2014
- New York
Rate : $$$