Liya Green’s practice focuses on immigration and nationality law. Liya represents clients in the technology, health, energy and academics sectors before the US Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Department of Labor, the Department of State and state health agencies.
Liya advises clients on issues arising from the hiring, transfer and permanent sponsorship of foreign-national employees.
Liya provides pro bono assistance to individual clients filing naturalization and green card applications.
Liya is a contributing author to the the firm’s Immigration Law Blog.
Prior to joining the firm as an associate, Liya completed a summer externship with the Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals unit of the Department of Labor where she drafted original decisions on PERM applications for review by a panel of three administrative law judges.
- Counsels large multinational corporations in establishing and amending company blankets to facilitate the efficient transfer of international staff
- Advises and assists medical centers and hospitals in obtaining appropriate nonimmigrant status and immigrant status for foreign national physicians and medical residents
- Assists J-1 physicians in obtaining waivers of the J-1 foreign residence requirement
Counsels clients on I-9 compliance requirements
- Advises and assists clients secure nonimmigrant and immigrant status for foreign-national employees
- Advises foreign-national employees on renewing nonimmigrant visas at U.S. consulates worldwide
- Counsels clients in complying with U.S. Department of Labor regulations while conducting PERM recruitment
- Assists and advises clients in all phases of permanent sponsorship, including PERM applications, immigrant petitions for multinational managers and executives, outstanding researchers, and aliens of extraordinary ability
- JD, American University, Washington College of Law, 2014
- BS, Business Administration, Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania, 1998
- District of Columbia
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association, February 2016–present
- Member, International Medical Graduate Taskforce, 2016 – present
Rate : $$$