Liz Clark Rinehart represents clients in complex class action and commercial litigation matters arising from breach of contract, misappropriation of trade secrets, violations of consumer protection statutes, professional licensing, arbitration, employment contracts, and other business torts.
Her litigation experience extends from pre-litigation strategy and negotiation to appellate practice. She has successfully removed a number of state court actions to federal court using a variety of novel and established legal theories.
Liz also maintains an active pro bono practice and regularly volunteers to assist unrepresented individuals in Baltimore City district court proceedings.
- Part of an appellate litigation team that successfully defended the dismissal with prejudice of trade secret misappropriation and related claims in excess of $50 million on behalf of an Italian software company in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Successfully defeated a motion to remand to state court based on lack of Article III standing in a putative class action
- Member of a team that obtained a dismissal for lack of personal jurisdiction in a trade secret misappropriation case against an international chemical technology company
- Member of a team representing a top online women’s fashion store in putative TCPA class action in Florida federal court, alleging the use of an autodialer to send marketing text messages to consumers without their consent
- Represented a company facing a breach of contract suit and negotiated a confidential settlement for significantly less than demanded
- J.D. magna cum laude University of Mary land School of Law 2015
- B.A. Social Work Salisbury University 2011
- B.A. Russian Language and Literature magna cum laude University of Maryland 2003
Bar Admissions : Maryland
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Clerk Experience :
- Honorable Diana Gribbon Motz U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Honorable Roger W. Titus U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Community : Liz sits on the boards of Baltimore Outreach Services and the Baltimore Urban Debate League. She also leads the Sunday brunch meeting of the 200+ member South Baltimore Book Club.
Rate : $$$$