S. Lloyd Smith focuses his practice on intellectual property litigation and enforcement matters. His case experience includes trademark infringement, false advertising, patent infringement, and unfair competition trials and litigation in various venues nationwide.
He has argued before numerous U.S. District Courts nationwide, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the Third Circuit, and the U.S. International Trade Commission.
Lloyd is the Co-Chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property section and IP Litigation group, Chair of the firm’s practice group for litigation in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and is head of the firm’s Alexandria office. He was recognized in IAM’s Patent 1000 list, the best-in-class listing of patent prosecution, licensing and litigation practitioners.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Duke University, B.A., 1991
- Landslide Magazine, ABA Section of Intellectual Property, Editorial Board
- Pauline Newman IP American Inn of Court, Executive Board
- International Trademark Association
- Northern Virginia Chapter, Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association – Section of Intellectual Property Law, Litigation Section
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
Rate : $$$