Logan E. Gans is an attorney in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Tax and International Law Practice Group. Logan regularly represents clients on U.S. Federal tax, international tax, and state and local tax matters. Logan also advises U.S. clients on outbound corporate and tax planning.
He also counsels foreign clients on their inbound investments in the United States, including U.S. real property, corporate restructurings, and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. Logan also advises high net worth private clients on estate, trust, and gift tax matters.
A Florida Certified Public Accountant, Logan also is experienced in advising clients on partnership tax planning, pre-immigration tax planning, tax due diligence, transfer pricing, and tax compliance.
He also represents clients on tax controversy matters, including the IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) and Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures. Prior to joining Shutts & Bowen, Logan was an International Tax Senior Consultant with the multinational accounting firm of Deloitte LLP.
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2010
- Judicial Extern, Chief Judge Frederick D. Smith of the Eighth Judicial Circuit of Florida
- Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Technology Law and Policy
- General Member, Florida Journal of International Law
- Executive Board Member, Law College Council
- Frederick W. and Grace P. Brecht Scholarship
- Boston College School of Management, M.S., Accounting, 2011
- Emory University, B.A., Economics & History, summa cum laude, 2007
- Sam Bredow Memorial Scholarship
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- The Florida Bar Tax Section
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- International Taxation Committee, 2017-2019
- Frost Museum of Science Young Patrons
Rate : $$$$