Lora A. Brzezynski is a highly sought-after trial attorney with 25 years of experience trying cases throughout the country before federal and state courts and arbitration panels. Lora represents clients in all types of intellectual property litigation and commercial and government contracts litigation matters.
The Legal 500 has recognized Lora as one of the nation’s leading lawyers in the areas of Trade Secrets, Patent Litigation and Commercial Litigation. IAM Patent 1000 recognized her as one of the world’s leading patent litigators. Chambers USA has recognized Lora for intellectual property litigation, and Law360 selected Lora for its Trial Pros Series in 2016.
Lora’s many successes in IP litigation include two recent defense verdicts for her client in back-to-back patent infringement jury trials. She also was trial counsel in a patent infringement action in which she obtained a jury verdict in excess of $50 million and a finding of willful infringement for her client.
Lora also obtained $18 million in judgments in a trademark infringement matter and has obtained significant settlements in multiple bet-the-company trade secret matters.
She also represents clients in a variety of commercial and government contracts litigation matters, including business torts, civil conspiracy, complex breach of contract actions, and unfair competition. Lora has supervised internal investigations relating to fraud and employee misconduct both in the United States and abroad.
- Prevailed in back-to-back jury trial victories as trial counsel defending an optical engineering company in high-stakes patent litigation brought by its primary competitor in a billion-dollar business.
- Won temporary restraining order, preliminary injunction, and $18 million in judgments as lead counsel against sellers of counterfeit products in trademark infringement action for consumer products client.
- Acted as trial counsel for leading international LCD manufacturer in a patent infringement litigation where the jury awarded $52.4 million to the client and found willful infringement.
- Obtained several million dollars in judgments and favorable settlements against the defendants in a conspiracy, fraud and RICO case.
- Won a significant judgment as lead trial counsel in a complex trust action for breach of fiduciary duty after a two-week bench trial and successfully obtained the removal of the trustee.
- As trial counsel before an EPA administrative judge, successfully defended a prominent agricultural chemical manufacturer against the EPA’s civil penalty claims.
- Led internal investigations relating to fraud and employee misconduct for an international consumer electronics products corporation in Korea and Hungary that involved privacy laws unique to both countries.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1993, cum laude
- University of Miami, B.A., 1990, cum laude
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
Rate : $$$