Mr. Loren Gesinsky is a partner in the Labor & Employment Department in the New York office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. He represents employers before state and federal courts, administrative agencies, arbitrators, mediators, and other tribunals regarding all legal issues relating to the workplace, including wage and hour collective and class actions, discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, breach of contract, non-compete, other restrictive covenants and trade secrets.
He also counsels employers and negotiates agreements regarding these issues, with particular attention on strategies to avoid litigation. Additionally, he participated actively in the United States Chamber of Commerce task force that developed comments on the United States Department of Labor’s proposed regulatory changes to the FLSA’s white-collar exemptions.
Mr. Gesinsky has around twenty-five years of experience working as a labor and employment attorney. He developed an especially broad foundation for his representation of employers by previously practicing plaintiff’s employment law and commercial litigation.
Mr. Gesinsky has successfully tried, arbitrated, mediated, and otherwise advocated in numerous matters involving multiple and single plaintiffs. His advocacy abilities in the courtroom, as well as his negotiating and public speaking abilities, have been enriched by his considerable training and experience as an actor.
Recognition of Mr. Gesinsky’s professional accomplishments includes his election as a Fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Attorneys, appointments to Chair the Committee on Legal Issues Affecting People With Disabilities and the State Affairs Committee of the New York City Bar Association, and selection for mayoral appointment to the New York City Commission on Human Rights. He is a frequent author and presenter on employment-law issues.
- J.D., New York University School of Law (1991)
- B.A., Northwestern University (1988)
- Fellow – College of Labor and Employment Attorneys
- Seyfarth New York Office Diversity Action Team (DAT) Leader
- New York City Bar Association
- State Affairs Committee (Former Chair)
- Committee on Legal Issues Affecting People with Disabilities (Former Chair)
- New York State Bar Association
- Member of Committee on Diversity and Inclusion
- Former Delegate to the New York State Bar Association’s House of Delegates
- Former Board Member, Melting Pot Theater Company
Rate : $$$