Loretta Shaw-Lorello is vice-chair of the firm’s Private Funds practice and a partner in the Private Equity practice. Her practice focuses on advising sponsors of private equity funds globally in matters related to fund formation and operations. She regularly advises clients on organizing and operating a wide range of private equity funds, including buyout funds, venture capital funds, real estate funds, distressed funds and credit opportunity funds.
She also advises fund sponsors on structuring carried interest plans and on the formation of vehicles to facilitate employee co-investments.
Ms. Shaw-Lorello also has significant experience advising institutional clients on structuring fund investments on behalf of private banking and high net worth investors. In addition, she reviews private equity investments on behalf of institutional investors.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Yale University, B.A.
Judicial Clerkship : Hon. Lawrence W. Pierce, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 1993 – 1994
Bar Admissions : New Jersey , New York
Representative Matters :
- Represented the Hampshire Companies in the formation and marketing of its two institutionally-focused commercial real estate funds with combined aggregate commitments in excess of $550 million. The funds utilized both investment partnerships and private real estate investment trusts in their structures.
- Represented a major US fund sponsor in the formation and marketing of a $1.2 billion venture capital fund.
- Represented a major international fund sponsor in the formation and marketing of a $1+ billion credit opportunity fund.
Memberships and Affiliations :
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Rate : $$$