Lori S. Kozak provides global strategic management of trademark portfolios for multinational corporations, technology startups and entertainment companies. Large corporations often have a diverse trademark portfolio that requires attention in the United States and in key strategic international markets.
Lori works closely with in-house counsel to engage internal and external audit teams that take a global look at ways to protect marks in key countries. This experience helps her to efficiently manage the portfolio with strategic filings and enforcement, including anti-counterfeiting measures in Asia and South America as well as customs recordation.
A seasoned intellectual property attorney with more than 18 years of experience, Lori has provided strategic trademark management services for companies in the apparel, automotive, chemical, computer science, technology, construction, entertainment, food and beverage products, nutraceutical, telecommunications, industries, among others. Among her clients are famous bands and multimedia companies.
Lori also has experience in IP licensing and has handled more than 50 IP due diligence projects in the context of M&A deals. In addition, she handles a wide range of IP transactional and prosecution matters, including :
- trademark clearance searches and preparing legal opinions regarding availability
- filing and prosecution of domestic and international trademark applications
- trademark enforcement matters, including opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the USPTO
- drafting and negotiating trademark and copyright agreements
- domain name and social media disputes.
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Lori was a partner at a West Coast intellectual property law firm. Before that, she was a trademark examining attorney for the USPTO, where she examined and ruled on trademark applications for registration and represented the USPTO in appeals before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Lori has lectured on a range of topics in the fields of trademarks, copyrights and domain names in a variety of settings, including professional, academic and business organizations.
- George Washington University Law School (J.D.)
- Mount Vernon College (B.A., with honors)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
BOARD OF DIRECTORS : Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Los Angeles
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
Rate : $$$