Lori C. McGroder advises and defends Fortune 500 companies in complex national product liability litigation, with a focus on the pharmaceutical, medical device, bioscience and personal care products industries.
With a background as an RN on a critical care oncology unit and nearly 30 years’ experience in products litigation, Lori’s skills in science and medicine are a powerful asset in defending litigation.
Lori develops an understanding of her clients’ businesses by partnering with them to develop cost-effective approaches to achieve litigation goals and overcome novel claims challenging their industries.
She regularly leads litigation teams, including in the virtual law firm environment, has taken and defended hundreds of fact and expert depositions, has prepared and defended company witnesses from a wide range of business areas, and plays key roles in devising strategies to defend against novel scientific claims in bet-the-company lawsuits.
Lori’s national practice ranges from multidistrict litigation, mass torts and class actions to individual claims. She has also conducted early risk assessments for clients, advising on litigation prevention strategies.
She has defended a wide range of matters, including claims involving sales and marketing practices, counterfeit drugs, unfair trade practices, third party reimbursement actions and cases challenging confidential mass settlements.
Lori is committed to her legal community and fellow lawyers. She has served for more than a decade on the Board and Advisory Board of the Women’s Employment Network, a non-profit committed to educating and training women for workplace opportunities.
She has also actively participated in Shook’s recruiting and associate retention committees, professional development committee, Women’s Management Council, and diversity and inclusion programs. Lori was honored with Shook’s Mosaic Award for her efforts in diversity and inclusion.
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, 1989
- B.S.N., summa cum laude, Avila College, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Women’s Employment Network Board of Directors; Heart-to-Heart Luncheon, Chair (2006)
- Defense Research Institute
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- The Missouri Bar
Rate : $$$$