Lori A. Zahalka helps clients in the financial and food industries, among others, navigate issues related to electronic communications, privacy and data management in the global workplace. She provides advice on global strategies for addressing these concerns, including developing strategic plans related to:
- social media use inside and outside of the workplace,
- compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act,
- monitoring of and discipline for employees’ electronic communications, and
- post-employment considerations related to account ownership and the application of restrictive covenants to social media activity.
Lori also provides clients with counsel and advice on other employment-related matters such as employee discipline and termination, proper use of employee background checks, employment policies, employment agreements, separation agreement and covenants not to compete.
In addition to her strategic counseling and advisory work, Lori litigates employment-related matters before federal and state courts and various administrative agencies, including the defense of individual and class claims of discrimination, wrongful discharge, and employment-related torts.
Lori also litigates non-employment related matters, including commercial contracting disputes and claims involving financial institutions’ lending practices. Lori joined Mayer Brown in 2005.
- Harvard Law School, JD, cum laude
- DePaul University, BA, summa cum laude
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$$