Lorie A. Mason focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions, sales of businesses and general corporate advice. She is a certified public accountant and began her career as a tax accountant in the New Orleans, Louisiana office of KPMG. Prior to beginning her legal career, Ms. Mason had significant and diverse experience working in the finance and tax industries, including structuring complex tax-exempt mortgage revenue bond transactions for state housing agencies, performing tax services for a variety of public and private business entities, and assisting in management and sale of several small family businesses.
Ms. Mason was named as a top “Dealmaker” of 2008 by the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
- Served as buyer’s counsel for Zodiac Aerospace, one of the largest providers of aircraft equipment and on board systems for commercial, regional and business aircraft, and helicopters, in its acquisition by merger of Enviro Systems, Inc., an Oklahoma-based designer and manufacturer of Environment Control Systems for business aviation and helicopters.
- Served as buyer’s counsel for Acuity Brands Lighting Inc., one of the world’s leading providers of lighting fixtures and related products and services, in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Mark Lighting, Inc., a New Jersey-based manufacturer of lighting products. The purchase gave the client a strong presence in the Northeast, particularly the New York City metropolitan area, and complemented its recently opened sales and marketing office in New York City. The firm provided a complete spectrum of services to the client in connection with the purchase, including advisory services for environmental law, real estate, intellectual property, and labor and employment matters.
- Represented Blount International Inc., a publicly traded manufacturer of lawn and garden equipment, in the sale of substantially all of the assets of its subsidiary, Dixon Industries Inc. to Husqvarna.
- Represented a U.S. subsidiary of Irish architectural and construction products company in the acquisition of thirteen unrelated businesses (including investments in three joint ventures) in the concrete masonry and home and garden sectors. The firm is currently representing this client in four pending acquisitions. Acquisition targets have included both family-owned companies and private equity fund portfolio companies.
- Represent Greenleaf Environmental Group in the asset sale of its environmental remediation business including the sale of its solid waste processing and hazardous waste storage facility in Macon, Georgia.
- Represented an aerospace products and parts manufacturer in the acquisition of stock in a company engaged in the design, manufacture and assembly or aircraft galley equipment for corporate aircraft, regional jets and military transportation jets.
- Represented BancIntelligence.com, which develops application software for the banking industry, in the sale of all the company’s stock to Fiserv Inc.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D. (2004) magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- University of Alabama, Masters of Tax Accounting (1986)
- University of Alabama, B.S., Accounting (1985)
- Florida (2005)
- Georgia (2005)
Rate : $$$