Ms. Lorraine H. O’Hara is a partner in the Los Angeles (Century City) office of Seyfarth Shaw, LLP. She specializes in labor and employment law and her practice involves representing employers in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies in actions alleging claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, failure to accommodate, public policy violations, tort claims, and violations of the California Labor Code and wage orders.
Ms. O’Hara also represents employers in state and federal court in discrimination and wage and hour class and collective actions. She has experience representing clients in a wide array of industries including transportation, communications, financial services and manufacturing.
Ms. O’Hara’s experience also includes representing employers in traditional labor matters including: arbitrations involving terminations and collective bargaining contract interpretation; union organizing campaigns; and unfair labor practice charge defense.
Additionally, she has extensive experience advising employers regarding personnel policies and practices and supervision and discipline of employees, and she has conducted workplace investigations.
Ms. O’Hara is the former Chair of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the Beverly Hills Bar Association. She has served as the Hiring Partner for the Los Angeles office, and she currently is the Chair of the Lawyer Development Committee for the firm’s two Los Angeles offices.
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law (1988)
- Student Articles Editor, University of Cincinnati Law Review
- B.A., Wheaton College (1983)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth, Ninth and Tenth Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Rate : $$$