Loryn Dunn Arkow is a partner in the Real Estate Practice Group. She has extensive experience handling acquisition, disposition and development transactions; joint ventures, lending and other finance transactions; recapitalizations and workouts.
Clients turn to Loryn for counsel on structuring complex transactions and entities, and in finding creative strategies to get deals done.
Her client list includes large public pension funds, pension fund advisors, private equity funds and other investors, lenders, developers and sponsors in sectors including retail, office, industrial, multifamily, condo development, homebuilding, medical and mixed-use projects.
- J.D., Stanford Law School, 1996
- M.A., Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, 1996
- B.A., magna cum laude, Harvard University, 1990
- Member, The Urban Land Institute (ULI) and ULI LA Leadership Council
- Director, Stanford Professionals in Real Estate (effective January 2018)
- Member, Partnerships & Limited Liability Companies Committee, Business Law Section, State Bar of California
- Executive Committee Member, Real Estate and Construction Division of Jewish Federation
- Member, Real Property Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Former Board Member and Secretary, Harvard Club of Southern California
- Represented clients in various apartment acquisitions and related debt financings and joint ventures, from stand-alone projects to a several-hundred-million-dollar portfolio.
- Represented pension fund in buy-out of joint venture partner interests in national portfolio of 140 properties and sale of various assets.
- Negotiated, documented and executed acquisition by developer of portfolio of retail properties through a bankruptcy sale.
- Represented life insurance company in origination of $120 million construction loan for a 600-unit apartment building in San Diego, California.
- Represented life insurance company in origination of $32 million loan for a California distribution center, with master lease credit enhancement structure.
Rate : $$$$