Lothar Determann has been helping companies in Silicon Valley and around the world take products, business models, intellectual property, and contracts global for nearly 20 years. He advises on data privacy law compliance, information technology commercialization, copyrights, open source licensing, and international distribution via Baker McKenzie’s offices in San Francisco and Palo Alto.
He is a member of the Firm’s International/Commercial Practice Group and the TMT and Healthcare industry groups. Lothar’s practice focuses on data privacy law compliance, information technology, copyrights, product regulations and international commercial law.
- Free University of Berlin (Habilitation) (1999)
- State of Berlin (Second State Exam) (1997)
- Free University of Berlin (Dr. iur.) (1996)
- State of Berlin (First State Exam) (1994)
- California~United States (2000)
- Frankfurt/M.~Germany (1998)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Advises global mobile and web gaming developers, including VR, AR, on regulatory restrictions, IP, contracting and data privacy, security.
- Advises on data security breach incidents and responses.
- Advises major technology companies, start-ups and non-profit organizations regarding the use and release of open source software products and related business model and compliance matters.
- Supports and guides technology companies, manufacturers and service companies with expanding their business globally, including guidance regarding business models, entity formation, strategic contracts and compliance matters.
- Provides strategic advice and contract localization assistance with respect to technology license and distribution contracts (formation, electronic contracting, termination, disputes, franchise laws, competition law matters) around the world.
Rate : $$$