With more than 10 years of experience representing corporate clients in general corporate and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions, Louis Barbieri III’s practice is focused on the areas of business and finance. Mr. Barbieri regularly works with management teams in the technology, healthcare, retail, manufacturing and supply chain industries, to enhance their business. He guides clients through complex operating regulatory landscapes and sophisticated transactions from formation to exit, including equity raises, borrowing financings and sale transactions.
Mr. Barbieri has significant experience advising equity funds and their portfolio companies on growth strategies and strategic acquisitions. Mr. Barbieri is co-founder with his wife of the Barbieri-Hunt Scholarship which provides annual scholarships to high school students for post-secondary education or work programs. Mr. Barbieri is also Chairman of Rebuilding Together Atlanta, an affiliate of Rebuilding Together, which mission is to revitalize homes of low income home owners in the Atlanta area, focusing on veterans and elderly residents.
Mr. Barbieri was recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® in 2017, 2018 and 2019 for Mergers and Acquisitions Law.
- Healthcare IT
- Advised equity fund in multiple acquisitions of adult care facilities, including 27 adult care facilities in Michigan and multi-unit location in Louisiana.
- Advised Transcend Services and J.A. Thomas Associates in separate sale transactions to buyer Nuance Communications, Inc.
- Advise health kiosk provider in multiple equity financings and regulatory matters, including HIPAA/HITECH and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) matters.
- SaaS Platform Businesses
- Advised multiple clients (including bank, equity fund portfolio companies and founder clients) in separate M&A transactions in SaaS payroll and other human capital management (HCM)/employee benefit services industries.
- Advised multiple national SaaS product providers in product development and risk associated matters, including data privacy and associated regulatory compliance.
- IT/Data Center/Outsourcing
- Advised Xpanxion, LLC in its sale to UST Global Group.
- Advised cloud-based IT Support/Data Center company in multiple acquisitions, equity and borrowing financings.
- Advised Sunglass Warehouse, Inc. in its sale to Luxottica North America.
- Advised Boxercraft founder in M&A exit transaction.
- Advised equity fund in its acquisition of Brunswick Bowling Corporation.
- Advised BMW car part manufacturer and supplier in multiple transactions.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D. (2005) Recipient of the Irving Cypen Award
- Stetson University, B.A. (2002) magna cum laude
- Georgia (2007)
- Florida (2006)
Rate : $$$