Louis J. DelJuidice specializes in inter partes and covered business method patent reviews and in prosecuting ex parte re-examinations for petitioners/requestors and patent owners. He travels to and lectures extensively in Japan. Louis has extensive knowledge of firearms and medical devices.
For more than 15 years, Louis has focused his practice on litigation, prosecution and client counseling in the automotive, medical device, battery, molded plastic and electromechanical areas and, more recently, blockchain. Louis is also focused on providing legal opinions on issues relating to patentability, freedom to operate, noninfringement and invalidity.
An important portion of Louis’ practice involves managing portfolios for U.S. and Japanese clients, as well as auditing and performing due diligence on intellectual property assets in the furtherance of licensing.
Louis has represented clients in a wide range of technologies, including DVD, audio equipment, cellular telephone, digital rights management, digital watermarking, internet content provision, optics for digital cameras, cutting tools, dialysis machines, absorbent articles, semiconductors, printed circuit board, circuit board connector technologies, fuel cells and lithium batteries.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Louis was a civil engineer with a concentration and M.S. in water and hydraulics, as well as a professional engineer in three states. Louis also worked extensively in water treatment and with hydraulic machinery.
Representative Matters :
- For two separate patent owners, secured denials of inter partes review; both of the patents were in active litigation.
- Represented a patent owner in both an inter partes review and a covered business method patent review, and brought both to a successful settlement.
- Represented a patent owner in an inter partes re-examination and successfully reversed 10 grounds of rejection without a claim amendment.
- Obtained a decision by the Patent Trial and Appeal Board to overturn an examiner’s determination of unpatentability, securing the patenting of a multicolor lip balm in an ex parte re-examination.
- Managed patent portfolios for clients ranging from startups to multibillion-dollar corporations in both the U.S. and Japan.
- Elizabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University, J.D., magna cum laude, 2001
- Lehigh University, M.S., 1995
- Lehigh University, B.S., 1993
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Rate : $$$