Louis is a seasoned litigator in state and federal courts, focusing on commercial and environmental matters. In addition to his general litigation practice, he has represented clients in many aspects of environmental compliance and litigation and Brownfield redevelopment.
With particular depth in the petroleum, petrochemical and automotive industries, Louis’ environmental experience includes:
- The defense of civil actions instituted by federal and state agencies and various citizen groups involving alleged violation of federal and state statutes (including the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act and CERCLA); the defense of toxic tort cases and property damage actions (many of which involve leaking underground storage tanks).
- Retention as common counsel in multi-party environmental matters.
- Representation of clients in Superfund matters, including sediment cases and cost recovery actions and PRP group negotiations.
- The handling of administrative notices of violation before various federal and state agencies.
- The handling of permit and development issues, as well as various compliance issues in advance of suit and/or administrative action.
Louis is recognized by Chambers USA and is quick to build cordial relationships with opposing parties while being determined to satisfy the needs of clients.
- Natural Resource, Energy and Environmental Law and Litigation Sections, American Bar Association Section of International Law
- Environmental and Commercial Litigation Law Sections, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Seton Hall University, J.D., 1979, cum laude, Top 1 Percent of Class
- Seton Hall University, B.A., 1975, cum laude
Rate : $$$