Louis J. Manetti advises debt collectors and debt buyers in complex litigation matters. He has extensive experience handling federal consumer protection statutes such as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). He has also defended class actions in this area of law.
Louis has several years of experience in appellate advocacy and the courtroom, having orally argued before the Illinois Supreme Court and the First, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Districts of the Illinois Appellate Court.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Louis spent nearly a decade practicing at a consumer finance litigation firm in Burr Ridge, Illinois. During his tenure, he served as the managing attorney for the appellate practice.
Louis began his legal career working as a clerk for a general practice plaintiff’s firm and also for the Honorable Julia M. Nowicki (ret.), Circuit Court of Cook County, in Chancery Court.
Professional Affiliations :
- Illinois Appellate Lawyers Association, Director, 2017 – 2019
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- J.D., The Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2007
- B.A., magna cum laude, Millikin University, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Northern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Rate : $$$$