Louis Norwood (Woody) Jameson is chair of Duane Morris’ Intellectual Property Practice Group. Mr. Jameson practices in the area of intellectual propertylaw and litigation with particular emphasis on patent litigation. Mr. Jameson also litigates a broad range of intellectual property disputes, including trademark and trade dress litigation, copyright litigation and false advertising disputes.
In 2014, Mr. Jameson was named Outstanding IP Litigator for Georgia, by Managing Intellectual Property. The team he leads also received the Managing Intellectual Property Award for the top patent litigation practice in the southern United States.
Mr. Jameson has represented several well-known companies in complex patent litigation involving such technologies as fiber optics communications, cyber security technology, semiconductors, cable television technology, Internet technology, on line banking transactions, MPEG decoding technology, telecommunications and computer hardware and software applications.
He likewise has had lead responsibility for trademark and false advertising litigation for Fortune 500 companies, and anti-counterfeiting activities surrounding the 1996 Summer Olympic Games. He is a member of the Litigation and Patent, Copyright and Trademark Law sections of the American Bar Association, the State Bar of Georgia and the Atlanta Bar Association.
He has served on the Federal Trial Practice and Procedure Committee of the American Bar Association, has served on numerous committees of the International Trademark Association, and has been a speaker at seminars on a multitude of patent and trademark topics.
- Representing Cisco Systems, Inc. in a lawsuit brought by Oyster Optics alleging infringement of several patents regarding fiber optics technology.
- Representing AT&T in the defense of a number of patent infringement matters brought by Specialized Monitoring Solutions (Eastern District of Texas), Cheetah Omni (Northern District of Texas) and Network Management Solutions (Delaware).
- Representing Cisco Systems, Inc. in a multi-patent infringement lawsuit brought by Centripetal Networks regarding cyber technology and network security.
- Successfully represented Verizon Communications in the defense of a multi-patent dispute brought by Mobile Telecommunications Technologies alleging infringement of systems and products that purportedly covered IEEE 802.11 a, g, n, or ac standards.
- Filed Declaratory Judgment action for clients TSMC Technology, Inc., Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Ltd. and TSMC North America Corp. against Zond LLC in the District of Delaware regarding patents related to magnetron sputtering equipment.
- Successfully represented SAP America against the University of Tennessee Research Foundation and St. Matthew Research for alleged infringement of patents in the field of parallel processing and high performance database design.
- Represented Broadcom Inc. in the defense of a case pending in the Northern District of Georgia involving chip level architecture and operation within computers.
- Represented Ciena Corp. in a patent case pending in the Northern District of Georgia.
- Represented NuVox Inc. in the successful resolution of a patent case in Federal Court in Kansas involving telecommunications routing and switching technology.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- International Trademark Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
Rate : $$$