Lowell Walters helps employers minimize their risks while offering meaningful benefits to employees. He minimizes risks by addressing Internal Revenue Code and ERISA issues facing employee benefit plans, including reviewing documents and provider contracts to point out “problem areas;” addressing concerns raised by the employer or another advisor; assisting with the fiduciary obligations of hiring service providers (through RFPs or otherwise); and representing employers whose plans are being investigated or audited by the Department of Labor or Internal Revenue Service.
Lowell helps employers offer meaningful benefits using his skills in plan design and his ability to work as a team with other advisors who implement portions of the plan. Lowell takes pride in communicating complex issues understandably and offering practical solutions.
When clients have questions, he addresses the questions asked, the questions that should have been asked, and the follow-up questions that are likely to arise. Lowell married his college sweetheart and has two wonderful children. He strives to balance his devotion to his family with his devotion to his clients.
- University of Miami School of Law (LL.M., Taxation, 2000)
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 1996)
- Rutgers College of Rutgers University (B.A., 1993)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Tampa Bay Pension Council
- Florida Municipal Attorneys Association (2011-Present)
- Florida Public Pension Trustees Association (2004-Present)
- National Association of Public Pension Administrators (2011-2012)
- Hillsborough Education Foundation School Endowment Committee (2009-2012)
- Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce (2002-2004)
- Tampa Connection (2002-2003)
Rate : $$$$