Taking an analytic and strategic approach, Luc Moritz focuses on tax issues arising in international transactions, both inbound and outbound, on matters ranging from financings to joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions.
In particular, Luc has done substantial work on major infrastructure development projects in the United States and abroad. Although Luc’s practice is primarily transactional, he has handled significant tax controversy matters, representing clients with respect to both US and California tax matters.
- Represented LaLiga, the Spanish soccer league, in its joint venture with Relevent Sports to commercialize its media, sponsorship, and licensing rights in North America
- Assisted Lionsgate, a premier next generation global content leader, in reaching a multiyear slate co-financing and distribution agreement with Hunan TV & Broadcast Intermediary Co. Ltd., one of China’s leading media and entertainment companies
- Advised Coller Capital, the leading player in private equity ‘secondaries’ transactions, in successfully raising its sixth secondaries fund, Coller International Partners VI, with capital commitments of $5.5 billion and backing from almost 200 of the world’s leading institutional investors
- Represented QLogic Corporation, a leading provider of data center networking and storage networking infrastructure solutions, in entering into an agreement to acquire from Broadcom Corporation Ethernet controller-related assets and licenses
- Assisted Scholle Corporation in the strategic combination of its packaging business with Netherlands-based Innovative Packaging Network
- Acted as counsel to Symantec Corp. in the sale to Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. of its equity interest in Huawei Symantec Technologies Co., Ltd., a Hong Kong-based joint venture established by Huawei and Symantec
- University of California at Los Angeles, J.D., 1995: Editor, Pacific Basin Law Journal
- University of California at Los Angeles, C.Phil. Linguistics, 1993
- University of Geneva (Switzerland), lic. jur. (J.D. equivalent), 1990: President, Geneva Law Students Association; President, Annual Swiss Law Student Conference; Member, International Law Society
- University of Geneva (Switzerland), lic. let. Linguistics (B.A. equivalent), 1989
Rate : $$$$