Lucantonio N. Salvi is a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee and a partner in the Corporate Practice Group. He is also the International Liaison for the Firm’s European Offices. Luca served as the former Managing Partner of the Washington, D.C. Office and the past head of the Aerospace & Defense Team and the Private Equity Team at the Firm.
Mr. Salvi practices in the areas of corporate law and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Salvi represents companies, investment banks, and private equity firms in corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, securities offerings and financings.
He has developed extensive expertise in acquisition and leveraged financing transactions on behalf of private equity firms and other buy-out sponsors, as well as firms in aerospace, defense, technology, manufacturing, healthcare, communications, luxury goods, candy and retail industries.
Mr. Salvi has represented both public and private sector clients in the United States and abroad, with a practice specialization that includes cross-border transactions (particularly involving Italian and other European companies).
Mr. Salvi has lived and worked in the United States, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Poland and Italy and speaks fluent Italian. Legal 500 US (2011, 2015- 2018), Chambers USA (2011-2018) and Chambers Global (2013-2016) identify Mr. Salvi as a leading lawyer for mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB) in its acquisition of GRIDSMART Technologies, Inc., a market-leading, technology-driven business with a differentiated video tracking offering in the Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) market.
- Represented Gryphon Investors and its portfolio company Transportation Insight in connection with its acquisition of Nolan Transportation Group (NTG), one of the largest and fastest-growing non-asset freight brokerages in the United States.
- Represented TP ICAP plc (IAP.L) in its acquisition of Axiom Refined Products, LLC; Atlas Commodity Markets, LLC; Atlas Petroleum Markets, LLC; and Atlas Physical Grains, LLC (an energy and commodities brokerage firm specializing in crude oil, refined oil products, ethanol and physical grains).
- Representing United Flexible, Inc. (a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners) in connection with its contemplated sale to UK-based Smiths Group for $345 million.
- Represented Gryphon Investors in connection with a majority investment in Transportation Insight LLC, a leading provider of enterprise logistics and transportation brokerage services.
- Represented Zemax, LLC (a leader in virtual prototyping software for optical product design and a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners) in connection with its auction sale to EQT Partners, a global investment firm.
- Represented TP ICAP in connection with the acquisition of Revelation Holdings. Inc. and its subsidiaries SCS Commodities and SCS OTC (an independent energy and commodities broker based in the U.S.).
- Represented Gryphon Investors (private equity firm) in connection with its acquisition of Potter Electric Signal Company LLC, a provider of products for the fire safety industry.
- Represented Riordan Lewis & Haden (RLH) in connection with the acquisition of an analytics and cybersecurity company serving the intelligence and defense communities.
- Represented United Flexible (a portfolio company of Arlington Capital) in its acquisition of Scotia Technology, a leading designer and manufacturer of small-diameter precision fixed tubular components for the aerospace and defense industry.
- Represented Arlington Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of the Defense & Security business of iRobot Corp (NASDAQ: IRBT), a leader in robotic technology-based solutions.
- Represented the executive management of MB Aerospace (a manufacturer of precision aero-engine and aero-derivative components) in connection with the sale of the company to Blackstone (NYSE: BX).
- Represented KLH Capital in connection with the sale and recapitalization of Federal Resources Supply Company, Inc. (a provider of mission critical solutions to military personnel and first responders) to existing management and a minority investor.
- Represented Arlington Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Zemax, LLC and its subsidiaries (a provider of optical and illumination design software) from Radiant Zemax, a portfolio company of Evergreen Pacific Partners.
- Represented Providence Equity Partners in connection with government contracts, regulatory and corporate matters with respect to its $1.9 billion going private acquisition of SRA International (NYSE: SRX), a leading provider of technology and strategic consulting services.
- Represented Atlantis Partners, an Italian private equity firm, in connection with its acquisition of domestic and international assets from Desa, LLC pursuant to a bankruptcy sale process.
- Representation of CIBL, Inc., a media company, in connection with a tax-free spin-off transaction involving LICT Corporation and other corporate and securities matters.
- Representation of U.S. investment bank in connection with global equity offering of ordinary shares issued by leading Italian regional bank listed on the Italian Stock Exchange.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1995
- MALD, The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, 1994
- B.A., Georgetown University, 1990, cum laude
- Member, International Law & Practice Section, American Bar Association
- Member, National Italian American Foundation (NIAF)
- Past Vice-Chair, Law Institute, National Italian American Foundation (NIAF)
- Past Member, Committee on Professional and Judicial Ethics, New York City Bar
- Past Member, Committee on Professional Ethics, New York County Bar
- Past Member, Board of Trustees, Academia Bilingue de la Ciudad (ABC) Bilingual Public Charter School, Washington, D.C.
Rate : $$$$