Lucas E. Deloach focuses his practice on defending employers against claims arising under federal and state wage and hour laws. His litigation experience ranges from complex class and collective actions involving thousands of employees to single-plaintiff claims.
Lucas also represents employers in agency investigations, including those conducted by state departments of labor and the U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division.
In addition, Lucas represents employers in litigation and administrative charges involving a broader range of labor and employment disputes, including claims arising under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Lucas also provides practical and proactive counseling to assist employers in their day-to-day compliance efforts. Beyond routine advice, he conducts compliance audits and pre-acquisition due diligence reviews.
Although his experience spans many industries, Lucas has notable experience in the retail, hospitality, home care, and home health care industries. Prior to entering private practice, Lucas clerked for the Hon. James P. Jones in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2013
- B.A., Vanderbilt University, 2010
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, National LGBT Bar Association
- Member, Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, Georgia Bar Association
- Member, Animal Law Section, Georgia Bar Association
Rate : $$$