L. Lucy Willson is a member in the firm’s Asbestos Defense Litigation, Products Liability and Transportation Section. Lucy’s practice focuses primarily on the defense of products liability cases, including matters involving asbestos and toxic materials.
Her practice also includes defense of premises and other general liability cases, as well as commercial landlord-tenant disputes and related litigation.
- Coordinates the preparation of the medical and scientific defense of mass liability trials nationally for a Fortune 50 asbestos supplier.
- Evaluates medical records and diagnosis issues of plaintiffs and prepares experts for depositions and trials.
- Extensive experience drafting briefs for dispositive and other motions in state and federal court throughout the nation.
- Facilitates the joint medical defense of asbestos cases filed in Virginia, including selection and preparation of experts.
- Assists several companies in the development of experts in the fields of epidemiology, pulmonology, pathology, and industrial hygiene to support the defense of asbestos cases.
- Represents national companies in asbestos litigation involving: boilers, bulk suppliers, electrical supply, friction products, gaskets, joint compound, mastics, packing, premises, pumps, purifiers, valves, and vessel owners.
- Argued dispositive motions in defense of companies involved in mold litigation.
- Represents several commercial landlords in a variety of landlord-tenant disputes, including cases involving reclaiming possession of the premises, collecting delinquent rent, enforcing personal guarantees, and negotiating lease termination agreements.
- J.D., Washington & Lee University, 2010
- B.A. English and Political Science, Virginia Tech, 2007
- Defense Research Institute
- Virginia State Bar
- Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Board Member, WHRO Emerging Leaders Board
- Young Lawyers Division Executive Committee Member Elect
Rate : $$$