Luis Gomar is a partner in the North America Corporate & Securities Practice, bringing more than a decade of experience advising on cross-border transactions in the energy and finance sectors. He has extensive experience in Latin America and is a frequent speaker on the Mexico Energy Reform.
Luis counsels clients on both domestic and international transactions involving divestitures, financing, fund formations, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions. He regularly advises energy companies on contracts, formation and structure planning.
He has significant experience representing clients on investment and expansion opportunities in the United States and throughout Latin America.
- University of Kansas School of Law (JD) (2005)
- University of Texas at El Paso (BBA) (2002)
- Texas~United States
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States
- Jewish Federation of Greater Houston, Board of Trustees and Flood Committee, 2017 to present
- Jewish Federations of North America, Emergency Committee; 2016 to present
- Holocaust Museum Houston, Board of Advisors, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- Texas Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
Representative Legal Matters:
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Represented Spanish renewable energy developer in connection with sale of 90% interest in two solar projects in Mexico to multinational infrastructure fund for approximately USD 130 million.
- Represented a privately held client with the sale of oil and gas leases, wells, and pipeline in Rocky Mountains for approximately USD 90 million.
- Represented a privately held client with the sale of oil and gas leases and wells in the Haynesville Shale in Texas and Louisiana for approximately USD 75 million.
- Represents hedge funds, private equity funds and hybrid funds pursuing a variety of investment strategies, including, event-driven, asset-backed, real estate and funds of funds.
- Represents management companies, USCIS approved EB5 regional centers and issuers in connection with fundraising, registration, investment activities (including negotiating side letters, direct equity and other forms of convertible investments), marketing, ongoing compliance and operational issues.
- Represented an energy company on its successful bid to enter into first farm-out of its kind with Pemex for exploration and excavation deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Represented multiple oil and gas companies with successful bids to explore and extract Hydrocarbons onshore and offshore under Mexico’s new energy framework.
Rate : $$$