Luis A. Perez is the co-chair of Akerman’s Latin America and the Caribbean Practice, an internationally recognized team providing legal counsel across multiple disciplines. He handles commercial litigation and arbitration across the United States, and Latin America for clients in various sectors, including manufacturing, defense contracting, energy, technology, financial services, and medical device.
Ranked by Chambers Global, which notes his “deep understanding of legal systems and culture,” Luis represents companies in commercial disputes in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, and Venezuela.
He has coordinated and directed the defense of hundreds of cases across the region involving individual civil actions, criminal actions, administrative claims, governmental investigations, and class actions. Luis’ practice focuses on complex commercial disputes including claims for product liability and breach of contract.
Luis has been listed as one of Latin America’s Top 100 Lawyers by Latinvex, named by Chambers Global among the “Leaders in their Field” for International Arbitration (Latin America-wide), and serves as chair of the firm’s annual ALM-Akerman U.S. Latin America Summit.
- J.D., Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, 1981
- B.B.A., Loyola University, New Orleans, 1978, cum laude
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia; Florida; Louisiana; New York; Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Florida Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Louisiana
- Louisiana Court of Appeals
- Louisiana Supreme Court
- American Bar Association, Member
- Inter-American Bar Association, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- District of Columbia Bar, Member
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Member
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Louisiana, Inc., Past President, Member
Rate : $$$$