Luiz Miranda is an associate in the Intellectual Property group of Mayer Brown’s Chicago office. He has gained experience in a broad range of intellectual property applications, including patent litigation before federal courts, and trademark and patent prosecution before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Luiz is a registered patent attorney, and was a volunteer Law Clerk for the Hon. Darrin P. Gayles, US District Court for the Southern District of Florida. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Luiz was a Software Developer and Design Engineer for a top Fortune 500 software company for over thirteen years.
There he gathered experience in technologies related to big data and parallel computing, databases, cloud services, security and mobile devices. Luiz conducted legal work at the University of Miami Health Rights Legal Clinic including client representation at a Social Security Administrative Court hearing, securing a favorable decision.
Recognized by the Who’s Who Among Students in Colleges & Universities, Luiz was the recipient of various awards and scholarships, including the Mark T. Banner National Scholarship in Intellectual Property, granted by the Honorable Richard Linn, Senior Judge at the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, magna cum laude
- University of Miami School of Law, LLM
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- US District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Young Lawyers Division Regional Representative, Hispanic National Bar Association
- Young Alumni Committee, University of Miami Law Alumni Association
Rate : $$$