Luke C. MacDowall represents and counsels employers in a variety of employment law matters arising under federal and state laws, including : Discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, religious, sex, age, or disability, Harassment in the workplace, Retaliation, including worker’s compensation retaliation.
He further assists employers with responding to administrative charges of discrimination before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and with abiding by best practices in: Reviewing and drafting employee handbooks and policies, Hiring, performance management, and termination.
During law school, Luke was an editorial staff member for the Wake Forest Business & Intellectual Property Law Journal. He also competed on the school’s National Moot Court and National Trial teams.
Prior to joining Littler, Luke was an associate in the employment and workers’ compensation practice group of a well-respected firm in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 2011
- B.A., Trinity University, 2007
Courts : U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Barrister, The Chief Justice Joseph Branch Inn of Court
- Former Officer, Forsyth County, North Carolina Young Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$