Luke Mecklenburg focuses his practice in commercial litigation. He has experience in commercial disputes, construction litigation, condemnation/eminent domain, contract disputes, environmental law, and title and real estate litigation.
Luke has also assisted in appeals before the Colorado Court of Appeals and Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. Prior to joining Snell & Wilmer, Luke was a law clerk for the Honorable Chief Justice Nancy E. Rice of the Colorado Supreme Court.
Representative Experience :
- Assisted in the representation of a design-build subcontractor on an LNG pumping station in Weld County, Colorado.
- Assisted in the representation of an engineering and procurement contractor which designed a large, complicated gold milling plant at an existing mine in Cripple Creek, Colorado.
- Assisted in the representation of an international homebuilder regarding construction defect claims and related indemnification claims arising from expansive soils conditions.
- Assisted in drafting an appeal on behalf of a midstream oil and gas company regarding breach of contract and bad faith denial of insurance coverage dispute arising out of the construction of a pipeline.
- Assisted in defending an appeal to the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals from an appellant who claimed a Fortune 100 company violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Assisted in the representation of an international company from a customer plaintiff-appellant who brought a premises liability claim against a store in downtown Denver.
- Assisted in the defense of a multi-million dollar property in Aspen, Colorado, against claims of adverse possession.
- University of Colorado Law School (J.D., 2014)
- Order of the Coif
- Casenote & Comment Editor, Colorado Law Review, Vol. 85
- Wesleyan University (B.A., World and Experimental Music, 2007)
Professional Memberships and Activities :
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Denver Metro Leadership Foundation, Impact Denver
- The Law Club
Other Professional Experience :
- Supreme Court of Colorado, Law Clerk to the Honorable Chief Justice Nancy E. Rice (2014-2015)
- Snell & Wilmer, Summer Associate (2013)
- Reilly Pozner, L.L.P., Law Clerk (2013)
- University of Colorado Law School, Teaching Assistant for Legal Writing and Appellate Advocacy (2012-2013)
- Getches-Wilkenson Center, Research Assistant for Oil and Gas Best Management Practices Project (2012)
- Metro Community Provider Network, Bilingual Customer Care Representative (2010-2011)
- P. Scott Lowery Law Firm, Arbitration Department, Bilingual Accounts Manager / Collector (2009-2010)
Bar Admissions : Colorado
Court Admissions :
- Supreme Court of Colorado
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
Rate : $$$$