Lydia Miranda Fett focuses her paralegal practice in the area of regulatory healthcare and corporate compliance. For nearly a decade Ms. Fett has assisted attorneys with all practice aspects of health care law, including conducting complex factual, legal and technical research and investigation.
Ms. Fett has significant experience preparing and submitting retail and sterile compounding pharmacy and drug wholesaler applications in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, as well as Medicare and Medicaid and PBM enrollment.
Ms. Fett is conversant with the Affordable Care Act, health care reform delivery models (including ACOs, value-based payments, and pay-for-performance), HIPAA, meaningful use of electronic medical records, and managed care law.
Ms. Fett researches federal and state laws and regulations governing pharmacy and controlled substances, third party payer audits, licensing and compliance with various state and federal health care and state laws and regulations, and assists in obtaining regulatory approvals from federal and state agencies, including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the California Department of Public Health and California Department of Health Care Services.
Ms. Fett oversees preparation, filings and research of Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Financing Statements and assists attorneys with due diligence in connection with mergers and acquisitions. She also manages processes in connection with formation, maintenance, and dissolution of corporate entities.
She drafts complex legal documents for attorney review, and prepares documents for filing and verifies them with a variety of administrative organizations and other federal, state, county, city and foreign agencies.
Ms. Fett develops systems to compile and track information, and is conversant with many legal software programs, including Legal Solutions, CaseMap, Summation, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in September 2015, Ms. Fett worked for nine years as a corporate and healthcare paralegal in the Los Angeles office of an international firm based in Richmond, Virginia, and for more than a decade before that in Los Angeles firms.
She was an intern at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in 2013, where she gained clinical knowledge and experience during the Center’s preparation for re-accreditation with Joint Commission.
Professional Affiliations :
- American College of Health Care Executives, Member
- National Forum of Latino Health Care Executives, Member
- Healthcare Financial Management Association, Member
- National Association of Legal Assistants, Member
- California State University Northridge Alumni Association, Member
- Los Angeles Paralegal Association, Member
- National Notary Association, Member
- M.S., Health Administration, California State University at Northridge, 2014
- B.A., Psychology, California State University at Northridge, 2002
- A.A., Paralegal Studies, Los Angeles Mission College, 1998
- A.A., Administration of Justice, Los Angeles Valley College, 1995
Rate : $$$$