Lynn David Bird’s practice focuses on estate planning, wills, trusts, estates, and probate, real estate transactions, corporate and entity formation and representation (including for profit LLCs, partnerships, and corporations and nonprofit corporations), business planning, buy/sell agreements, and business sales and purchases. Lynn also has background in employment law, including employment, non-compete, non-disclosure, and confidentiality agreements.
Lynn joined Caplan & Earnest in 1979 and became a partner in 1982. He served as the firm’s managing partner from 1984-1985 and again from 1993-1997, and was a member of Caplan & Earnest’s management committee from 2007-2010. He began his Colorado practice with the firm of Feder, Morris & Tamblyn, P.C., in Denver.
Lynn actively participates in community service and pro bono work. He has worked to incorporate and obtain Section 501(c)(3) nonprofit IRS recognition for a number of organizations, including the Child and Family Advocacy Program, which primarily assists victims of child sexual abuse; the Robert Meals Medical Fund, which assists Boulder County residents in need of a transplant or other extraordinary operation; and the Institute for Environmental Solutions.
- University of Idaho College of Law, J.D.
- University of Kansas, B.A. in History
Associations & Memberships:
- American Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Boulder County Bar Association, Member
- Junior Achievement of Boulder County, Board of Directors
- Rotary Club of Boulder Flatirons, Charter Member
- Boulder County Crime Stoppers, President
- YMCA of Boulder County, Vice President
Rate : $$$$