Lynn E. Fowler is the leader of the Tax Team. Mr. Fowler focuses his practice on corporate and business tax law. He specializes in helping clients develop and implement tax-efficient strategies for varied business formation, financing, operations, and disposition transactions. Mr. Fowler has significant experience in advising clients to qualify for a variety of federal income tax credits. He has also been the lead tax advisor on numerous taxable and tax-free M&A transactions as well as a variety of other strategic corporate transactions.
Mr. Fowler was listed in the 2018 and the nine years immediately preceding editions of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and he is listed in the 2017 edition as Band 1 in Georgia for Tax Law. He was recognized as a Georgia Trend “Legal Elite” for Taxes, Estates & Trusts Law in 2016 and the seven years immediately preceding.
Mr. Fowler was listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Tax Law in 2019 and the eight years immediately preceding. He was recognized as a Georgia “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers magazine in 2018 and the nine years immediately preceding. Mr. Fowler is AV® rated by Martindale-Hubbell.*
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedure’s standards and policies.
- Lead tax advisor for Zodiac Aerospace in a series of strategic acquisitions, including advice on issues such as long-term contract accounting, LIFO inventory accounting and 338(h)(10) elections.
- Represented AT&T in connection with an exchange transaction with Verizon Wireless in which Verizon transferred cellular licenses, network facilities, subscribers and other assets in Vermont, New York and Washington to AT&T in exchange for similar assets in Kentucky, cash and other consideration.
- Advised Fortune 50 manufacturer on U.S. partnership issues in the transfer of certain intellectual property to an offshore partnership.
- Lead tax advisor for UCFP to structure, implement and maintain an UP-C partnership structure to facilitate tax deferred acquisition of unincorporated targets.
- Lead tax advisor for AT&T in structuring a disposition of intellectual property and other business assets to a joint venture structured as an ”UP-C” partnership.
- Lead tax advisor for Airwatch LLC in $1.2B disposition to VMWare, including transaction structure, negotiation of tax issues, and intellectual property structure advice.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation (1987)
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D. (1986)
- University of Alabama, B.S., Accounting (1982)
- Georgia (1986)
Rate : $$$$